Welcome to the third periodic contest of CineTV!
Thank you for joining and writing some extraordinary pieces in the last CineTV contest: Foreign Cinema.
You can check the winners of that contest here.
And now, the time is nigh for another contest!
Contest #3: Significant TV Shows
Write about your unforgettable experience with the most cinematic, artistic, and underrated TV shows (including animated ones).
The contest idea comes from @zayedsakib. When I was talking with him about a new contest, he suggested we could do one with significant tv shows.
TV shows usually have a lower budget and they're targeted at the TV audience. We do not usually expect the shiny, polished feel of a feature film. Yet, in many cases, some TV shows become exemplary.
When I think of such shows, immediately a few names pop into my mind. Twin Peaks, Dekalog.
I lose myself in them, I submerge myself in the ethereal beauty they readily promise.
There are a few modern shows too that I find irresistible. Planet Earth II, Hannibal, Penny Dreadful, Person of Interest. Mushishi. Kino No Tabi.
There are also single-season mini-series like Band of Brothers, Parades End, Paranoia Agent. that rocked my world, moved me deeply.
I believe these shows can compete in the highest arena for their innate greatness.
And I know many of you have such shows you would like to talk about with fervent enthusiasm!
This contest is then, for you!
Winners and prizes
1ST Place — 500 CINE
2ND Place — 300 CINE
3RD Place — 200 CINE
- You have to post from our frontend https://cinetv.io
- The entries should be written in English (manual translation is okay, if you want to write it in another language first, however auto-translation using an automatic machine like deepL will not be accepted.)
- Entries should contain at least 350 words.
- The post title should include [CineTV Contest: Significant TV Shows]". For example, [CineTV Contest: Significant TV Shows] Your Title Here.
- Use #cinetvcontest among your tags.
- Include a link to this post somewhere in your entry.
- Put down a comment with the link of your entry on this post below.
- The submission deadline is 26th July 2021, 11:59 PM, UTC time.
Evaluation and Some Tips
Posts containing only the plot will be disregarded.
You can use these prompts as a helping hand but you're free to go however you want.
► What you loved or hated about it.
► How it influenced you (and/or people around you).
► What part of it you found most interesting.
► Any scene that still pops into your mind.
► Performance of the actors/actress that left an impression.
► Why do you think it's significant and great.
You're free to include multiple shows in your entry.
There's no need to be mechanical. Write with a free hand. We might overlook if you forget to do a step or two stated in the rules (except the first one).
- We'll evaluate the posts based on the writing quality, title selection, sincerity, and faithfulness to the spirit of the contest.
Happy Writing then! Blog on!
The cover photo is edited in photoshop.